1.1.09

One Last Thing...

With a little more than an hour before the Jennettes cart off to Newark International, I'm sitting here, bags packed,* stomach awaiting dinner, and nose feeling snuffly. For some reason, my body decided to wait until Sunday night to give me one of the most bizarre health issues I've ever had.*

Sunday night I had an itchy throat and aches; by that night I didn't want to move. Next morning, I couldn't stand up for more than 5 minutes before needing to sit down. I thought, "Great." So I took some medicine and an antibiotic, and by the next day, I didn't feel achy, but I had a full-on sore throat and my stomach was off. Went to the doctor, got on antibiotics, and now all those symptoms are gone, except now I feel as if I have a cold and my voice is shot. I'm waiting for the next symptom to show up - I've never had a medication get rid of symptoms only to replace them with completely different ones. Very odd, and rather frustrating. At least I've been functional through all this, and I can still fly. (Sorry, Tracey)

By 8:30 AM I'll have landed in Heathrow and be on my way to Bournemouth. It'll feel like 3:30, but that's where things get all wibbly-wobbly, so I'll let that alone. So if you read a post written 4 hours in the future, you can thank Admiral Boom.*

Um... So there you go. I felt that I should do something before I shove off. Be prepared for exciting Pass Time In The Airport sketches next time! Including the Adventure of Getting To School!* Hope you don't miss me too much. For everyone at school: I'll have a nice trip and see you next Fall.

* Mostly.
* After writing that, it's really not as bad as it sounds.**
* +10 Johnny Points for an appropriate quote...
* Let's hope it's nothing like the adventure I had with the Schmermunds trying to get to our destination.....

** Yes I just footnoted a footnote, wanna fight about it? More than 3 asterisks just look silly, so I'm sticking with just one for all further subtextual references.

4 comments:

  1. I want MORE footnotes! MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Bob hope your adventure getting to the school was not too exhausting or frustrating! Wish I could wave that magic wand to make you feel better! ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John: So great (and relieving :) ) to hear that everything went well and that you landed safely. Now that you're there; looking forward to your regular posts and sketches.

    Stay well, safe and enjoy. Know we're always thinking of you!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete